Pro Woodworking Tips.com
Working With Veneer Video
Video on how to work with wood veneer.
An excellent video on working with wood veneer.
Working with veneer can be a bit technical and rather involved, requiring step-by-step
knowledge of the entire process. Follow Darryl Keil as he creates a four-way-matched walnut-burl tabletop,
explaining and demonstrating each step. Every topic is carefully examined, with demonstrations of the appropriate
tools and jigs.
What's in this video:
- Step-by-step instructions, from start to finish
- Creating a four-way-matched walnut-burl tabletop
- Flattening buckled veneers
- Examining veneer tools and jigs
- Studying different types of glues
- Matching and sequencing veneer
- Jointing, taping, and gluing techniques
Darryl Keil has been a furnituremaker and cabinetmaker for 20 years, specializing in veneer
work. Darryl is best known for developing the first vacuum veneer press for the woodworking industry. His work and
writing have appeared in leading woodworking and trade publications, and he has served as a technical consultant to
production facilities across the country. Let Darryl’s knowledge and experience show you how to maximize vacuum’s
potential in your shop.